Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Truth, yeah there is truth...

So I was reading in John 18 37-38
Pilate says, you are a king... Jesus says, "You are right in saying I am a King. In fact for this reason I was born and for this I came into the world to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." "What is truth?" is pilots first response.
It struck me that relativism was around back then, and really it seems that a distaste for truth or what truth is, is where we don't mind not believing someone. Making it easier for God's truth to be disbelieved, because we don't believe in truth, because that's what education/people say, don't believe in truth unless you yourself can prove it, and even then be skeptical...
Thus we float around and live for what we like and what suits "us" not live for what God likes and what suits God...
And the skeptic would say, 'how do we know what suits God or what he likes...' yeah okay, the Bible peoplethe bible... If God planned all of history, then he also planned the bible to be how he wanted it to be in this age too. I roman one day didn't change the entire outcome of truth because he canonized the bible one way... Is God in control? Yes. Okay Truth...
I think I started ranting... sorry. It's just exciting to see that even when Jesus was walking people were sinful people that didn't like truth. It means that I haven't gone through anything that a disciple hasn't gone through... I just get the shiny phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment